BLOG Information Sharing
Worker’s Name: Patricia Kenny
Organisation/Service/Project: Petersham TAFE Outreach
- English classes/conversation group:
These courses are suitable for people who are unemployed, have interrupted education, migrants, people with overseas qualifications, community volunteers, parents of school-aged children, people with a disability, sole parents, Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders and young people.
Semester I 2016 courses
Our short courses and certificate I and II courses prepare students to study higher level qualifications, these courses are:
- WOW (Work Opportunities for Women) – info session 10am Monday 8 Feb 2016 (free course)
- Access to Aged Care Course – info session 10am Wednesday 3 February
- Basic Computing and internet skills – info session 10am Tuesday 9 February (free course)
- Cert I Computing – info session 10am Tuesday 9 February (free course)
- Web Design (Addison Road Community Centre) – commences 9:30am Wed 10 February (free course)
- Recycle-Repurpose-Reuse (Addison Road Community Centre) – info session 10am Monday 15 (free course)
- Urban Food Growing and Sustainable Living – info session 10am Friday 19 Feb (free course)
- School Garden Assist – info session 10am Wednesday 10 Feb
- Intro to Horticulture (Addison Road Community Centre) – please contact Tricia on 9335 2790 (free course)
How to enrol
Information/Enrolment sessions for our courses will be held at West Street campus of Petersham TAFE in Building A, Level 1 Room 17 – details of the date and time are on each flyer. This campus is in West Street near the corner of The Boulevarde. The closest station is Lewisham and Buses 445 or 412 stop close by. See attached flyer for more details, dates and times.
Student Identifier (USI)
All students need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) before they enrol. It would be most helpful for prospective students if organisations and Jobactives could assist their clients to get their USI, keep a record of it and ensure the clients place the number in their mobile phone. This is the link for how to get one: http://www.usi.gov.au/create-
Fees, exemptions, concessions and scholarships
For the few courses that are not free there are a range of concessions, exemptions and fee-free and equity scholarships available.