BLOG Information Sharing
Worker’s Name: Devinder Kaur
Organisation/Service/Project: Community Relations Commission
Telephone/Email: (02) 8255 6736
Initiative/Project: Casual Interpreters/Translators
- Employment Opportunities:
- Sydney CBD
Primary purpose of the position:
The Community Relations Commission for a multicultural NSW (CRC) Language Services unit provides quality interpreting and translation services to government departments, private and commercial organisations and individuals in more than 100 languages and dialects. Applications are now being invited to join placements on the Commission’s panel of casual interpreters and translators. We are particularly interested in receiving applications for new and emerging community languages.
Note: Registration on the CRC casual panel of interpreters and translators will be for a period of up to 12 months with a possibility for extension. Please address the selection criteria individually in your application and include any relevant tertiary qualifications and proven interpreting and/or translating experience. A criminal record check will be carried out on applicants recommended for employment.
· Hourly rate: $51.96 (Year 1)
Rates of pay: The hourly rate is comprised of the base hourly rate of $33.63 plus a loading of 20% in lieu of leave entitlements and an additional loading of 34.5% is applied to cover the itinerant nature of work.
- Standard document: $25.98 (Year 1)
First 200 words or part thereof: $51.96 (Year 1)
Subsequent 100 words or part thereof: $25.98 (Year 1)
Rates of pay: The rate includes an additional loading of 20% in lieu of leave entitlements plus a 34.5% loading covering usage of equipment and premises.
Please refer to the following website for further information on the Crown Employees (Interpreters and Translators, Community Relations Commission) Award: www.crc.nsw.gov.au
Selection Criteria for Interpreters & Translators:
- NAATI accreditation at the highest level attainable, or recognition where this currently exists.
- For rare or emerging languages with no NAATI acceptance, document your skills and experience.
- Permanent residents, Australian citizens or temporary residents with a valid work visa.
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting and translation skills.
- Excellent public and interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed computer skills.
Essential documentary evidence (certified copies) required in support of the application:
- Evidence of NAATI qualification. NAATI accreditation in both directions is a prerequisite for translators.
- Residential status.
- Relevant documentation of professional qualifications such as university degrees, diplomas etc.
Inquiries: For further information or clarification, please call Devinder Kaur, (02) 8255 6736.
Closing Date: 25 September 2013
Job Reference: 00001ULX
Click here to apply:
Please submit your applications online including addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the job advert. If you experience difficulties please contact JobsNSW Support on 1800 562 679
Please click here for information regarding working for the NSW Government including Tips on Applying.