BLOG Information Sharing
Worker’s Name: Amirah
Organisation/Service/Project: Lebanese Muslim Association
Telephone/Email: 97506833 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Initiative/Project: LMA Community Up Skill Initiative – Lakemba – “Engage, Challenge, Grow”
- Training/Scholarship Opportunities:
LMA Community Up Skill Initiative
“Engage. Challenge. Grow.”
The Lebanese Muslim Association (LMA) is proud to announce the launch of the Community Up Skill Initiative (CUSI). This project was developed after identifying a lack of trained Muslim Youth Workers, who are able to deliver bespoke and culturally appropriate services in the Muslim community. This initiative aims to address the unique issues faced by Muslim Youth, through providing training and education.
We are providing a rare opportunity for 10 individuals to receive a scholarship to complete a Certificate IV in Youth Work. These individuals will also be provided with work experience, through community agencies as part of their training. To be a part of this rare and unique opportunity, see below for details.
To be eligible to apply for Community Up Skill, you must:
· Identify as an Australian Muslim
· Be 18 years of age or older
· Have a strong interest in a career in Youth Work
· Willingness to work flexible hours and be available Monday to Friday.
· Participate in and be committed to all aspects of the program and training
· Passion and dedication is a must!
· Current NSW driver’s license and access to own vehicle
· Previous experience and/or volunteer work in the youth services field
Places are extremely limited and acceptance is only through an application process. For interested candidates, please submit your expression of interest to email@example.com. For more information, please contact Amirah on 02 9750 6833.
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 6 December.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED AS PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL.