BLOG Information Sharing
Worker’s Name:April Pan
Organisation/Service/Project: Metro Assist
- Employment/Job Seeking Training/Workshops:
· You are invited to a great opportunity for IT professionals who are seeking employment to get connected and be mentored!
· If you are:
- A migrant from non-English background, with Qualification and experience in IT, and looking for work
Then this session is for you!
As part of the SkillME project to support migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds into employment, Metro Assist is running a mentoring session for IT professionals with overseas or local qualifications.
· When: Sat 27 Jun 2015, 10am – 12:00pm
· Where: Lv 2, Bankstown Library and Knowledge Centre
· Corner of Rickard and Chapel Road, Bankstown
· Speaker: Allen Shao
Allen currently works as a IT manager for Medibank. He has many years of experience in various disciplines in IT with numerous multinational companies in Australia. But like many migrants, when Allen first arrived in Australia from China in 2004 he had to work very hard to land himself his first job as an IT professional. He is a passionate mentor for recent migrants who aspire to achieve in their professional field.
Topics to cover include the current IT labour market and trends; how to develop a strategy to seek employment in IT and what employers are looking for in their candidates.
· To sign up for the session, please send your resume to April Pan at email@example.com
For more information phone (02) 9789 3744
To ensure quality of the mentoring, places are extremely limited. First come, first served!
SkillME is a three-year project funded by NSW Government through Multicultural NSW to assist migrants with skills and qualifications to find suitable employment.